Max Duley and I are playing in Shoreditch on Friday for free. Come one come all!
Guest djs for Friday, November 10th are:
Max Duley and Tristan Watkins
Free Entry, cheap beer, new soundsystem, random beats, perfect.
8 till late (around 4ish)
79 Kingsland Road
So… arrived @ Public Life pretty much right on time. Max came on before me and played a nice set of quirky/slower techno/idm, ending with Kraftwerk’s Neon Lights, at precisely the right speed for me to mix out of it. Wicked! This is what I followed it up with, from 10:15-11:00:
- Luke Vibert – Acidisco – Warp
- Moodymann – Shattered Dreams – Peacefrog
- Meg – Kouro (Theo Parrish Remix) – Joint Records
- Fabrice Lig – Meet U in Brooklyn – Playhouse
- James Duncan – Times Like These (B2) – Le Systeme
- John Arnold w/Amp Fiddler – Get Yourself Together – Ubiquity
- 32 Project AKA Hiroshi Watanabe – Summon – Ibadan
- Chicken Lips – Bad Skin – !K7
- Riton – Cast of Thousands – Grand Central
- Infinity Plus One – Rhythmatic Unison – Drenched
- Ennio Morricone – Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (Swell Session Remix) – Compost Records
I was followed by Dan Butler, who played some deep-as-hell techno, then mah boyee Matt Chester picked up the tempo a bit, but not sacrificing an ounce of funk, then Lunar Selector played a fantastic Ableton set packed with classics and new stuff alike, going all over the place. The last Ableton set I saw Brendan do was a bit frezied for my taste in parts, although still really impressive, but this one was bang-on-the-money throughout. He even finished with my remix of The Shit, although Guy faded it out after about 60 seconds, not realising what it was – the bastard. 😉 Guy Thackeray closed things out with another really nice set, although I must confess the memory becomes a bit more faint at this point. All I know is that I had a great time, and the music throughout the night was all top notch. As Brendan said, it all worked really well together. An excellent progression from start to finish.